The SJNY Libraries are pleased to provide University-wide digital access to The New York Times for all students, faculty, and staff.
To activate your complimentary New York Times digital subscription, please follow these steps or refer to the video below.
1. Navigate to the NYT registration page.
2. "Find School" by searching for and selecting St. Joseph's University - New York, NY.
You will be redirected to the NYT registration page.
3. Click "Create Account" and complete the fields; you must use your @sjny.edu or @student.sjny.edu email.
4. Verify your account by clicking the link provided in the confirmation email. If you do not see a confirmation email, check your spam folder. You must click the link in this email to complete the registration.
5. If you used a desktop computer for steps 1 - 4 and would also like to read the New York Times on your mobile device, download the free New York Times app to your tablet or smartphone and log in using the account that you just created.
If you already have an Active Paid subscription to the New York Times
EXISTING registered subscribers with ACTIVE PAID subscriptions should cancel their personal subscription by connecting with a chat agent on the site, or calling 800-698-4637 before creating an account. Once the subscription is canceled visit accessnyt.com, type in the school name and follow the instructions.
An Academic Pass includes access to The New York Times in Education which provides the following features:
To gain entry to the Education site (whether faculty, staff, or student), simply register at NYT in Education.